Now Hiring: Parts Account Manager
Damuth Trane (Voted as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for 2021) is seeking a Parts Warehouse Associate for our Parts Center in Newport News, Virginia.
**Damuth Trane has provided comfort solutions for commercial, industrial, educational, government, and healthcare facilities since 1970. As the local Trane franchise, Damuth Trane represents a full line of HVAC equipment, service, controls and parts. Damuth Trane has been honored as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia since 2011.
To provide Damuth’s 5-Star Experience to internal and external customers by developing new Client relationships and strengthening the existing client base to ensure maximum account penetration and client retention. To sell and promote the products and services of Trane HVAC Parts and Supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: *Other duties may be assigned.
- Function as a sales representative and liaison between clients and the office.
- Visit and support client accounts.
- Perform analysis on client needs and uses.
- Ascertain current market opportunities.
- Focus on increasing sales to existing assigned accounts.
- Look for new accounts.
- Establish systematic client contact to provide ongoing information.
- Review and provide feedback on client support programs (i.e. Comfortsite).
- Identify client problems and/or needs and recommend solutions.
- Research and provide competitive parts sales data to parts leadership.
- Maintain client data files.
- Create and maintain territorial listing noting classification of customer and frequency of calls (Microsoft Outlook).
- Attend sales meetings and report sales activity, account development, and upcoming itinerary.
- Maintain records of quotas, sales, customer information, and requests by updating data with Parts Leader.
- Possess knowledge of Trane and other product lines to be able to demonstrate and discuss with clients.
- Provide backup support for inside sales.
- Make new product presentations and sales presentations.
- Achieve monthly and yearly sales and gross margin goals.
- Develop and demonstrate use of client action plan to identify the long term, mutual support requirements for a strong and profitable partnership.
- Develop relationships with more than one key player in each account.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Regular travel requirements with some overnight travel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent- required
- Associates degree or experience in professional sales (2 years) preferably in the wholesale or HVAC field- preferred
- Previous inside or counter sales experience in wholesale distribution- preferred
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- HVAC technical knowledge a plus
- Planning, Spreadsheet and Database skills
- Professional demeanor
- Must have the ability to identify and provide solutions to our client's needs
- Ability to pass drug screening
- Mobility within the office and on the job site
- Willing to travel overnight up to 5%
- Able to prove U.S. Employment eligibility
- Ability to regularly lift and move 10 pounds, frequently lift and move 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move more than 50 pounds
- Valid Drivers license and excellent driving record required
- Ability to communicate with others both written and orally
- Position requires long periods of standing at the counter and long periods of sitting while operating a motor vehicle
- This position works in a variety of environments; from inside office to outdoors, mechanical / equipment rooms and industrial work environments. Frequent outdoor travel is required to visit clients.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
Go to the following website and apply online: http://www.damuth.com/careers/
Please note that applications and resumes are accepted online only. If you do not have access to the internet, you may use the online resources at our main office. Please call Human Resources at (757) 558-0200 in advance to schedule an appointment to apply.
Damuth Trane is an at-will employer; employed associates and Damuth Trane are free to end the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice or cause.
EOE including Disability/Vets, Drug Free Workplace
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.