Now Hiring: Parts Delivery Driver & Warehouse Associate
Damuth Trane (Voted as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for 2022) is seeking a Parts Delivery Driver- Warehouse Associate for our Trane Parts Showroom in Chesapeake, Virginia.
**Damuth Trane has provided comfort solutions for commercial, industrial, educational, government, and healthcare facilities since 1970. As the local Trane franchise, Damuth Trane represents a full line of HVAC equipment, service, controls and parts. Damuth Trane has been honored as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia since 2011.
Job Type: Full-Time
Normal Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
To provide Damuth's 5-Star Experience by meeting customer needs and commitments through delivering internal and external customer orders and seeking remedies to ensure customer satisfaction and retention. Also, responsible for loading and unloading of inventory and warehouse administration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Drivers License with an excellent driving record is required
- Forklift operation certification preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Warehouse and delivery experience
- Hazardous Materials shipping experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Word
- Experience with order entry and inventory management software a plus
- Able to drive delivery trucks including a 24’ box truck
- Ability to work individually and in a fast paced team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to pass drug screening.
- Mobility within the office.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds.
- Willing to travel locally as required.
- Able to prove U.S. Employment eligibility.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Ability to communicate with others both written and orally.
A Day in the Life
- Conduct deliveries of HVAC parts, equipment, and supplies to internal and external customer locations.
- Maintain company equipment (trucks and forklifts).
- Load and unload shipment of parts, supplies, and equipment as needed.
- Check in stock and verify against vendor documents.
- Enter receipts for verified stock in company computer system.
- Put up received stock in warehouses and showrooms.
- Report any equipment discrepancies to the Team Leader.
- Package, ship and transport hazardous materials per DOT regulations.
- Possess knowledge of the Trane equipment.
- Determine best method to resolve problems to ensure customer satisfaction and adherence to company policies.
- Provide proactive salesmanship skills in terms of add-on sales to customers.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Ensure all parts are properly shelved and bin locations are assigned.
- Conduct cycle counts as requested from the Inventory Coordinator.
What Sets Us Apart
- We have been honored as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for twelve consecutive years.
- We want to do all we can to maintain the health of our community and continue to improve the living conditions.
- We offer an excellent benefits package with associates’ interests in mind (medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, 401k contribution, paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, and more!)
How to Apply
Go to the following website and apply online: http://www.damuth.com/careers/
Please note that applications and resumes are accepted online only. If you do not have access to the internet, you may use the online resources at our main office. Please call Human Resources at (757) 558-0200 in advance to schedule an appointment to apply.
Damuth Trane is an at-will employer; employed associates and Damuth Trane are free to end the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice or cause.
EOE including Disability/ Vets, Drug Free Workplace
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.