Now Hiring: Virginia Beach Parts Warehouse Associate
Damuth Trane (Voted as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for 2023) is seeking a Parts Warehouse Associate for our Parts Center in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
**Damuth Trane has provided comfort solutions for commercial, industrial, educational, government, and healthcare facilities since 1970. As the local Trane franchise, Damuth Trane represents a full line of HVAC equipment, service, controls and parts. Damuth Trane has been honored as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia since 2011.
Job Type: Full-Time
Normal Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
To provide Damuth's 5-Star Experience by meeting customer needs and commitments through processing internal and external customer orders. Primarily responsible for loading and unloading of inventory, warehouse administration, showroom stocking and merchandising. May also be responsible for freight deliveries via truck and seeking remedies to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid drivers license with an excellent driving record is required
- Forklift operation certification preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years of warehouse work history with shipping & receiving, inventory and customer service experience required
- Hazardous Materials shipping experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Word
- Experience with order entry and inventory management software a plus
- Able to drive 24' box truck for deliveries
- Able to operate forklift and electric pallet jack in a warehouse setting
- Ability to work individually and in a fast paced team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to pass drug screening.
- Mobility within the office.
- Ability to regularly lift and carry 25 pounds, frequently lift and move 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move more than 100 pounds.
- Willing to travel locally as required.
- Able to prove U.S. Employment eligibility without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless/Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
- Ability to communicate with others both written and orally.
A Day in the Life
- Maintain company equipment (trucks and forklifts).
- Load and unload shipment of parts, supplies, and equipment as needed.
- Check in stock and verify against vendor documents.
- Enter receipts for verified stock in company computer system.
- Put up received stock in warehouses and showrooms.
- Report any equipment discrepancies to the Team Leader.
- Package, ship and transport hazardous materials per DOT regulations.
- Possess knowledge of the Trane equipment.
- Determine best method to resolve problems to ensure customer satisfaction and adherence to company policies.
- Provide proactive salesmanship skills in terms of add-on sales to customers.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Ensure all parts are properly shelved and bin locations are assigned.
- Conduct cycle counts as requested from the Inventory Coordinator.
What Sets Us Apart
- We have been honored as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for thirteen consecutive years.
- We want to do all we can to maintain the health of our community and continue to improve the living conditions.
- We offer an excellent benefits package with associates’ interests in mind (medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, 401k contribution, paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, and more!)
How to Apply
Go to the following website and apply online: http://www.damuth.com/careers/
Please note that applications and resumes are accepted online only. If you do not have access to the internet, you may use the online resources at our main office. Please call Human Resources at (757) 558-0200 in advance to schedule an appointment to apply.
Damuth Trane is an at-will employer; employed associates and Damuth Trane are free to end the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice or cause.
EOE including Disability/Vets, Drug Free Workplace
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance (Company Paid)
- Paid Time Off (Sick and Vacation Time)
- Short and Long Term Disability (Company Paid)
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan
- ...and more!